What does "Self Catering " mean?
- Self Catering means that you are being provided with accommodation that has facilities to allow you to cook and cater for yourselves whilst on holiday.
- A property which is let, normally on a weekly basis to tenants, which requires no service elements during the time of the guests'' stay.
- adjective, noun
(of a holiday) having a kitchen so that you can cook meals for yourself rather than having them provided for you
- The rent of the property will usually include Gas and Electricity Pots, pans, mugs, crockery, cutlery, pillows and duvets are supplied.
- The term "self-catering" applies to a broad range of flats, houses, cottages and serviced apartments. These establishments provide cooking facilities in addition to sleeping facilities.
- This type of accommodation is most suitable when you will be staying in an area for an extended period (i.e. one week or more).
- Most self-catering facilities are rented by the week, though shorter rentals may be available in the low seasons. Self-catering establishments are rated from 1 to 5 stars, with the higher star ratings awarded on the basis of progressively higher levels of quality and customer care.
- Generally cheaper than hotels or B&B of a similar quality.
- Good for families or larger groups traveling together.
- Private cooking facilities available.
- Freedom and independence to do what you want, when you want
Freedom and independence
There are many elements that make a great holiday. Perhaps the most important of these is the freedom and independence to do what you want when you want... self catering in a holiday cottage, pre-prepared for your arrival, provides this in abundance. The place may be different, but the discovery of that holiday cottage charm combined with the high standard of home comforts and modern facilities that holiday cottage accommodation can provide, many miles from home, is instantly relieving, as you prepare to unwind and take everything at your own pace.
In North Devon there is a large number of Restaurants to choose from and can be found in almost all villages around the coast. This leaves you with a choice of cooking, catering for yourselves at the property or dining out by shopping around in one of the many restaurants you can find. The option of self catering leaves the freedom of deciding what you want to do on a daily basis, leaving you totally in control on how to spend your day, and where you want to spend it.
A Short Break Escape
Can't get away for a full week? Why not take a Short Break away from it all. Save money too - 4 night midweek breaks are priced the same as 3 night weekend breaks, so you get an extra night free.
Quality standards have now been harmonized across UK tourist boards to give consistent clear information to holiday makers, to help them choose accommodation that suits there requirements. Self catering properties have been quality assessed using Visit Britain's grading scheme. Grades One to Five have been awarded to every property determined by quality, space, comfort and facilities.
- You must provide for your own meals